The Learning Disabilities Association of Arkansas is seeking applicants for the 2016 Ralph G. Norman Scholarship. The Ralph G. Norman Scholarship is awarded in amount of $2,500 to an individual with a documented learning disability who will be enrolled in Fall Semester 2016 at a university, two-year community college, or a vocational/technical training program. The ideal scholarship recipient is an individual who:
- Recognizes and understands his or her learning disability and is able to self-advocate when necessary
- Is committed to pursuing higher academic study or career training and has begun to set realistic career goals
- Is committed to achieving personal goals despite the challenges of learning disability
- Participates in school and community activities
ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
To be eligible for the Ralph G. Norman scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be an individual who will be attending a university, two-year community college, or a vocational or technical training program in Fall 2016
- Be a current Arkansas resident
- Be ineligible for SSI and SSD funding
- Be able to provide most current documentation of an identified learning disability
- Applications must be postmarked by April 1, 2016
Please Note: ADD/ADHD alone is not considered a learning disability; eligible candidates must also provide documentation of a specific learning disability
Click here to download the application.
Click here to download the letter of recommendation form.
All required materials must be submitted in one packet to be considered for the scholarship. Completed packets should be mailed to:
Ralph G. Norman Scholarship
Learning Disabilities Association of Arkansas
P.O. Box 23514
Little Rock, AR 72221
Or e-mail to email@example.com
Completed application packets must be submitted by April 1, 2016.